Car problems are something vehicle owners must live with. These problems can affect any part of an automotive, including the engine, fuel system, ignition system, battery, charging system, starting system, cooling system, transmission, auto electrical system, entertainment devices, air conditioning and even the car body. And while car owners may be able to tackle some minor issues, majority of car problems are better left to the professional car mechanics.
Here’s some of the most common car problems:
1. Dead battery: The battery, which is the source of power for your car, is the most common cause of automotive electrical problems. Usually the problem is a dead battery, which may occur due to a faulty component or leaving the stereo or headlights on for an extended period of time. This car problem can be easily remedied via either a battery recharge or a jump-start. But if your car’s battery is too old or has suffered irreparable damage, you may need to visit a specialist shop dealing in car batteries in Christchurch to have it replaced.
2. Flat tyre: All of us have had a flat tyre. It occurs when you run over glass, jagged rock or any other sharp object. Because it’ll inevitably happen, you should ensure you always have a spare tyre and jack in your car.
3. Car ignition problems: if your automobile won’t start, check these two things – firstly, that your vehicle is not already in gear, secondly, that your car’s battery is not dead. If those are not the cause of the problem, then you will need to have your ignition system checked by a specialist dealing in vehicle ignition and car transponder in Christchurch.
4. Problems braking: Car brakes are prone to failure, and this is not a good thing given that they are the only thing that stands between you and a catastrophic accident. If you notice squeaking or grinding noise when you brake, you should have your braking system checked by an experienced mechanic, since it could be a sign of an impending problem.
5. Cracked windscreen: If you are a car owner, chances are that you’ve had a cracked windscreen or you’ve come across dozens of cars with this problem. It often starts small, but may become worse over time. Have it repaired before it ruins your life (in an accident).
6. Leaks: Oil, coolant and fuel leaks are common problems that affect most cars, regardless of the age. If you notice any puddle underneath your car, don’t ignore it. Have your car checked by a qualified mechanic.
7. Air conditioner not working: This common car problem may be due to: lack of refrigerant, or a leak in your car’s AC system.
8. Engine not starting: There are several reasons why your car’s engine won’t start, and these include: dead battery, faulty battery terminal cable connections, faulty spark plugs, problems with fuel supply to the engine, and more. This problem can be diagnosed and rectified by a specialist dealing with car batteries in Christchurch.
9. Engine overheating: The problem of engine overheating may arise if there’s inadequate coolant, faulty hoses or leaks, or a faulty radiator fan.
10. Noisy brakes: This common car problem is caused by loose or worn out brake pads. It could also occur if there’s brake dust inside the drum.
11. Uneven tyre wear: This is a common problem that occurs when the car’s tyres are not properly balanced and aligned.
12. Vehicle alarm problems: Car owners who attempt to install aftermarket alarms, or other hands-free gadgets, stereo systems, etc., often encounter complications that cause other car systems to fail. But, fortunately, these issues can be resolved through the use of expert services offered by a certified auto electrical in Christchurch.
13. Problems with oxygen sensor: The oxygen sensor, which is responsible for monitoring the amount of un-burned oxygen in the car’s exhaust and informing the car’s computer system when there’s either excessive or inadequate gas in the tank, is prone to malfunction – which may have a negative impact on a car’s performance.
14. Air flow sensor problems: The air flow sensor, which is responsible for measuring the amount of air delivered to the engine and determining the amount of fuel that should be supplied to it, may develop problems – particularly when the air filters are not replaced.
15. Problems with the coolant temperature switch: The coolant temperature sensor measures the exact temperature of the engine coolant, and is prone to problems – which can make it difficult for you to keep your engine cool. This problem, as well as other sensor issues, can be remedied easily with a tune-up by a qualified auto electrician in Christchurch.
16. Problems with fuel caps: Gas caps may become loose or go missing – which is a common problem. If this problem is left unaddressed, it can cost a lot of money in the form of reduced gas mileage.
17. Catalytic converter issues: The catalytic converter, which controls a car’s emission system, may fail when the fuel injector or spark plug develops problems. This problem can be diagnosed through electrical fault diagnostics by a trained auto electrician in Christchurch.
18: Problems with spark plugs: Spark plugs are some of the most important electrical components. They are responsible for igniting fuel in the engine cylinders. Faulty spark plugs can negatively affect your car’s gas mileage or cause damage to the catalytic converter – resulting in the need for an expensive replacement. Because of this, it’s important to have faulty spark plugs diagnosed and replaced by a qualified auto electrician in Christchurch.
19. Problems with exhaust gas re-circulation valve: The exhaust gas re-circulation valve, which re-circulates a portion of a vehicle’s exhaust through the engine, is often affected by problems. And it’s actually one of the leading causes of car failure.
20: Problems with intake manifold gasket: The intake manifold gasket is commonly affected by the problem of air leaks, which results in a lean or rich mixture that has a negative impact on a car’s engine performance, fuel economy and emissions.
ProTect Auto: High-Quality Car Stereo and Security Systems, and Car Batteries for Christchurch and New Zealand.
Need the services of a professional auto electrician for your car alarms in Christchurch? Are you looking for car batteries in Christchurch? Do you need someone to fix or replace your transponder in Christchurch?
At ProTect Auto we have expertise in fault diagnostics, keys and remotes, car security, and car audio. We have a fully equipped workshop located in Canterbury, where we sell the latest car stereo systems, sell and install car batteries, cut all kinds of car keys, sell and programme car transponder keys and remotes, offer all kinds of car security systems, and handle full auto electrical fault diagnostics. We also supply nationwide. Call 0800 4665 48 or contact us through www.protectauto.co.nz to discuss your car alarm and security, or your car audio and visual, or your car transponder key and remote needs.